16 de gener 2007

recurrent worry to share

For the ones I have been bombarding with my new obsession lately, herwith written evidence. For the ones who haven't been harrased, yet, welcome to my new obsession.

Please read this

hhttp://www.guardian.co.uk/fish/story/0,,1976759,00.html

http://www.greenpeace.org/international/campaigns/save-our-seas-2/global-mission-to-save-our-sea/the-state-of-our-oceans

for more information:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overfishing


I learnt from the BBC news that eating less well-known fish such as saithe and pollack can be also helpful. I looked up in the dictionary and little translations could be found. pollack is known as "heller seelachs"... algun tipo de salmon (blanco?)... Eating hering is also recommended. So in this case Holland is safe ;-)

I learned also that sardines tend to swim on the surface, so the danger of damaging the sea ground is less likeable.
Please avoid cod: Bacalao, bacalla, whales. I mero, I could not find the translation.
I hope this article makes you more aware of the dangers. We should be one with nature...

Sorry, it's been worrying me for so long I had to let it out. If at least makes one more person aware I will be happy

3 comentaris:

Anònim ha dit...

amor, el seelachs no tiene q ver nada con el salmón, es mucho más parecido al bacalado y en CASTELLANO se dice "abadejo".

Anònim ha dit...

huy, perdón quise poner "bacalao", qué ridículo, hubiera preferido comerme alguna letra o dejarme algún acento, pero uno está tan acostumbrado a decir "sentao" o "echao" y luego ponerle una "d" a la hora de escribir... aquí me pasé de listo ;-)

Anònim ha dit...

ya de paso te dejo otro "commentari": Hablando de Seelachs (hemos dicho que no tiene nada q ver con el Lachs) Bueno, pues tú sabes de qué es sinónimo "Lachs" en mi tierra? Na, kommst du drauf? Es una frescura.