26 d’abril 2007

confesion

In order to continue to this piece of history I found, I have to make a confesion. This will ease things.
In the year 2000 I sold my eggs in order to afford a ticket to Sydney to spend the millenium. I was in love with the city and someone was waiting for me. I didn't have the moral burden and I didn't have any money (some things never change). Although... I kinda started having my issues when the hormone cocktail they gave me started to kick in. I started wondering why these women wanted to get bloody pregnant.
Among the whole hormone cocktail and close to being operated I wrote my then-boyfriend.
Today 2007 I am spending some days at his place and he found this piece of history and shared it with me.
I read it and thought... Oh, I'm so sweet.

So I am going to transcript it now, see what you think:


Hi X
It's a beautiful morning. People get ready to vote some narrow minded asshole to lead the future of a sourceless country
- I lived in BCN at the time, i guess the Spanish elections were taking place, it was march 12 2000, -
He, I'm just sitting around in a cafeteria, before going to my interview before the operation. This is the stage of the "are you sure?" & everything. I already made my story. There are some families around here, doing the same as me, getting their body ready, them, to receive what I have to give. I know it's them because they come at the same visiting hour on Saturdays (in vitros are from 8 to 9) and you see them really "shiny faces".
I just think: "wow, you are gonna get my eggs" and sometimes it makes me think why are these couples so desperate to have children, or else: 'WHY are these women so obsessed with bearing babies?'
I guess they are really bored in their semi-detatched 3-story house in the suburbs, too many empty rooms and lots of money to pay for a pregnancy. X's father was kinda right, he said: "I would be a donour, not for the money, but to help people in the public health sector"
Yes, but. We don't wanna help poorer people have kids. They usually have no problem with getting pregnant, and if they can't have any, it's probably more about saving some money in condoms, or at least they don't have the deep sadness of the private egg-buyers, that "how are we going to fill the east side wing" or "what are we going to do with the 6-seat station wagon we bought?". Poor rich people (yeah, I'm so sorry).
Sorry it just makes me wonder... alltogether.


I end it here. Basically because that is the main part I thought to be so sweet. Later, approaching the operation I remember I was too obsessed with adoption. I started wondering why these wealthy people, who have done the in-vitro thing once (I met a couple one Saturday, they were going for the 2nd one)
WHY these people, who could afford another child and give it everything it needs, DON'T adopt?
Is that racism??? he??? I mean, if you have the blessing of being unfertile at least you can give the chance to a kid of a poor fertile mum... No?. They should allow these people to have have 1 in-vitro and suggest them to go for adoption the 2nd time. Give them information, allow them to think how many children will never have a chance. Some not even a future.

Anyway, I realized too late that I had issues with the whole donour story. Only it was too late. Now I have at least 3 kids in Barcelona carrying my genetical information. And filling the east wing of a semi-detached house.

1 comentari:

Anònim ha dit...

Sí, la historia de tus óvulos ya la conozco, ya hemos hablado varias veces al respecto. Medio Rhein-Neckar conoce la historia de tus óvulos. Pero, sinceramente, procuro no pensar en ellos (tus óvulos), me acabo poniendo triste.
Petons,
Yoyo