02 de novembre 2009

Epic, epic, epic





I have just topped up the best days in Singapore with a frozen soy latte. You have no idea what memories it evoqued me. So many I have decided already where I want to live. So I will do all possible to achieve my next life goal.

I came to Singapore from Vietnam to follow Amanda Palmer. The Halloween party and the two concerts were amazing and I achieved my mission: I kissed her, and had small talk with her, and she called me awesome. And I cried a lot and I got hugs from everywhere!





Not only the days were amazing, also the people I got to hang out with. Starting with the stranger who took me out for lunch and enlightened me. He was smart and made a point on things I was shocked to see we had so much in common. He is further, though, but I will get there.

The people I bumped into at the concert were also indescriptively inspiring. I can't hang pictures now as I am at the airport on the way to Bali, but I will try to re-edit this and add them.
We felt all close, and Amanda was so approachable she spread good vibes all over. I hope she has an idea on how she is making a difference in the music business. Music as art. Raw, personal. We pay, she works and delivers results. No divaing, no stupid distance. I can only admire her work and her independence.


Singapore is funny with all its control. Sometimes it made me think of 1984 or Huxley's "brave new world", all so scheduled, planned, controlled... I just met a film director who was explaining me that. The dreams of the youth shattered by the Singaporean "properness". If you get out of the path, you pay for it. Literally or with your life. But this great living standard shows a harsh dictatorship of capitalism. I didn't stay long enough to work out the theory, but this is my impression.

Moving on to Bali. Picts and stories will follow.

Much love!

3 comentaris:

Aurelie et Laurent ha dit...

Hi Selva !
Have fun in Bali, I'm sure you'll enjoy the good vibes of balinese people too ;-)Take Care

Selveta ha dit...

Good vibes is not enough to say... Great vibes here!

Marlio ha dit...

keep on posting,,,