24 de novembre 2009

Leaving Borneo, and sad for once



This has lasted short. I could have stayed weeks in Borneo, I just know they will be weeks to just hang around and my ambition to set foot in the Philippines won.

In this post I will hang some Bali pictures I had to share. And the Borneo impressions... Ahhh.

Kona Kinabalu got me to begin with. Such sunsets, such surroundings. Met a new travel buddy I painfully said goodbye today. As it happens, nothing lasts forever and you have to let go when you are starting getting attached... Or does it only happen to me... constantly?
On the first day we went to a nearby island, Sapi, where we got acquainted with the lizards, just hanging around there. The island was tiny and there was little to do, just a lazy day on the beach!




Trip up to the "selva" where we got to sleep in some basic cabins and where, at night we could hear the sound of the beasts and the crickets and the frogs. Like those CDs some people play in order to relax. It was our relaxing lullaby.

I used the good camera for the jungle pictures, from which I doubt I have a USB connection. Things at a time.
My highlight was to see a python in the wild, face to face. I love reptiles and it was just gorgeous! And we managed to spot a lonesome orangutan in his habitat, I think it was a she, actually...

The guys at the jungle camp were gold. At night we became entertainers. They'd grab a guitar we'll sing. I became the assigned singer, and I liked to entertain them and teach or share some songs. I also learned a beautiful song in Malay composed by one of them. Such a talented kid! I hold him close in my memory and really wish he grows to be the amazing person he is letting us see already. You should see his eyes, his eager to know, his passion for music.

I have returned from my first dives around Sipadan. Tomorrow is the big day and I get to see one of the most amazing underwater sights. If what I've seen so far is awesome I can't imagine what I will see.
I just got to spend one night in the Mabu island and really liked the environment. Divers would gather in the evening and let the night pass among stories and beers.
Weather is perfect, sites unique, food amazing and people don't hassle... Anybody would now understand my crush in Borneo and it hurts to go.

Below some post Bali pictures and some Borneo impressions, a few of many more to come.

Checking out to a live concert. A few weeks left and anticipating a sort of sadness, I just can't imagine to go back...



Transport in Gilli T



Any evening before sunset... How will I miss Bin Tang...



Another sunset on the Gilli beach.

Petons!