26 d’agost 2012

Hermit... and turtle

It has been a couple of days and finally, at a certain point I managed to relax...The Perhentian Islands have quite done the trick after going through the ordeal of trying to get my Indian visa in KL... To no avail :-(

The process of relaxing started to speed up when I met the Turtle Hermit. I call him "el Follet Tortuga" because my first impression was that he looked like the Turtle Hermit in the first season of Dragon Ball, without the shield and the beard. 
He is the most intriguing person I have met in this big island.
I was wandering around in an old mall, looking for nothing but a shelter from a tropical storm in KL.
I bumped into a hairdresser shop that offered massage. They sent me to the back of the  shop, a little office where an old man, in his 80s greeted me. He was dressed in a  flowery shirt that looked 4 sizes bigger than his fragile body and was wearing a pair of chinos, also very loose. I shall say I wasn't expecting such a masseur. I lied down in a rather shabby massage table with very thin, not very skilfull cleaned towels.The staff at the hairdresser told me he didn't speak much English and that I shall shout at him, because he is quite deaf. I told myself to let go and see if I could be expecting a pleasant surprise.
Nothing short of that! All around the place there were posters of reflexology and he seemed  to have studied the human body thoroughly.

I usually order just 30 min of massage, in case I don't enjoy it much. As soon as he started it I knew he knew what he was doing. It has been the most  amazing experience I have ever had.
He seemed to be listening to my body, tapping it and expecting a response. I shall say my arms have been hurting terribly since I left Sydney, as I pulled my shoulder muscles practising with a pole I had installed in my room. I couldn't hardly raise them and the pain was excruciating. When he reached the shoulders he said: stop! No good, stand up! - He did pressure points on my ears, gave me different gadgets to lift and made me do a  few exercises to figure out  the pain. Then he took out some special oils he applied on my arms and at the end he did some aromatherapy on my forehead and on the nose.
He didn't stop until the pain vanished. After nearly one hour he charged me only half an hour and told me when I come back he will relax my muscles and in a further  session he will work on my legs.
He was a  very pleasant surprise and part of the healing was the fact that he put a lot of intention and love in it. I could see him excited to be finding answers to my pain and his persistence and dedication were admirable.

I recommend anyone who is going to Kuala Lumpur, to the Chinese quarter to visit Mr Hermit, here his contact:

Gan Natural Healthcare
K. Y. GAN
IN: Itec Hair Salon (inside) Lot 2.16. 2nd Floor - Kota Raya Complex (an old Malay mall),
Jalan Cheng Lock 5000 Kuala Lumpur

I took a picture of him on my last session.

Meet Mr Gan

I am going to KL tomorrow and I will be definitely pay him a visit to fix my painful right leg.

I booked a ticket to Madagascar, as India will have to wait, as soon as I have pictures of the perhentian I will upload some.
Love from Malaysia


3 comentaris:

Unknown ha dit...

Hi there Selveta, it's Ben from the flight of Sydney to KL. I hope all is well in your adventures!

After reading your latest blog I am intrigued by the description of this skilful masseuse as I have yet to find a decent person to help me alleviate my back pain from the accident apart from using painkillers. I might possibly pay a visit to this master you suggested as I am quite eager to work out what's wrong with my back.

Regards,

Ben

Unknown ha dit...

Hi there Selveta, it's Ben from the flight of Sydney to KL. I hope all is well in your adventures!

After reading your latest blog I am intrigued by the description of this skilful masseuse as I have yet to find a decent person to help me alleviate my back pain from the accident apart from using painkillers. I might possibly pay a visit to this master you suggested as I am quite eager to work out what's wrong with my back.

Regards,

Ben

Selveta ha dit...

Masseur. I went to see him today again. He is quite something! He is in Malaysia, though. I hope you can find one in Vietnam! Much love and success on your endeavours, great to hear from you, you are a very inspiring person.