11 de gener 2008

survived all but junkfood

Almost 3 weeks since the last time I wrote. Back from the holidays, and haven't had the chance to write in between. I suppose a good sign that we were busy just traveling, the way it should be.
I survived any other food in Perú or Ecuador. I made a big impression on people on how much I eat. Anything mixed with anything, whatever the state, just no meat, I am vegeterian.

Not a single stomach ache, nothing. And then I see myself in NY waiting for my connection flight, I have 6 hours ahead and think I should eat something. But all they have to offer is so gross. Not even some foods in China grossed me out as much as the American junk food. But I decided to eat something. Bought some peanut butter cups, remember I loved them when I lived in the US. And had 3 (supersized, as I couldn't find normal ones), then the least disgusting thing I found was a spring roll, but I couldn't even finish it (once again, I am not particularly picky with food) and then, to top it up, the only available "coffe" was from that overrated Starbucks (3 filials in just one corridor).

And guess what happened





+



=




My connection flight lasted 6:30 hours. They didn't switch off the fasten your seatbelt sign in 2 hours. Turbulence was not so bad, but they wouldn't let me go to the toilet.
Nobody attended me when I pressed the fight attendant button. I kept hassling the stewardesses asking for mint tee and water. My stomach was killing me, cramps, nausea... I filled up three puke bags. Nobody wanted to collect them, so I had to keep them next to me. And then finally hit the toilet when I had the chance to go. Baaah, baaah, baaah! I thought I was going to choke.
A real bad experience, and still feeling sick after that.

Never again fast food.