17 de juny 2009

exes and axes

Why being stuck in an aeroport for 5 hours made me think of my relationship with vehicles and relationships remains a mystery to me.
On that lap of time, and after tired of reading nonsense easy literature, the thought that I was going to miss my bike upon my arrival to Barcelona slip by and started a trend of me counting all the vehicles I had lost because of the sharing trust of relationships, that are not meant to end, but end as such anyway. Positiveness remains... Except when it is about the vehicle...

I thought of my scooter, the last loss. How great it would be if my cigroneta and I would jump on one and scoop the city streets. Back again as one. I sort of leased it to my in-law as I didn't really need a scooter in NL. As it keeps happening I saw myself again, once his relationship ended, tempted to claim it back. I didn't do it, not to make things more complicated.

Vehicles. My faithful first car stayed with my then boyfriend to be caught by the police on day1 and decide not to use it anymore.
My gorgeous bike was smashed when I came back to Germany, smashed together with my relationship.

In the last and longest I was the one receiving vehicles. Finally. I had to renounce to my colt, well it wasn't mine, it was 'ours', I renounced to it hard hearted and was sold to a guy who managed to break it in a week. My then boyfriend told me he visited it in the scrapyard and the I better not see.

I managed to end this bit not really feeling like it, just to close the lap of thoughts that overcome me. I saw a link between my past relationships and my vehicles. In both cases I got attached to both, but the vehicles never made it my way.
I have to conclude with happy thoughts and admit that the axes broke. But in a way the exes built an axe.
If I had the choice I'd still leave the vehicle in the scrapyard and rescue the bit of goodness left of two people who once know each other very deeply and shared a path together.

Whatever the opinions, it still makes me feel good about myself. And that's what counts.