11 de setembre 2014

start of the journey

A journey,
when going back to the roots it is no holidays. It is a journey. Everything and everyone you meet is meaningfull because it  has traces of the you who didn't stay.

Ready to go.  The plans are to get home in Amsterdam. I won't grab the bike straight away, because my friend Pats, who is my coffee and life lessons supplier has moved just next wall to me. Who would have thought! Currently trying to arrange lunch with Sandra and Katrin.
Life isn't that easy when internet crashed the night you needed it the most. Will make all more exciting, I guess.

These last days in Sydney the rain finally ceased, which allowed my mind to open up, as it was too cloudy from the weather.
And it is a pity I miss that process of drifting into the spring, because it is a very important process I need to experience for the emotional-creative side. Zum Glück the European Indian summer will give me a feeling of it.

In Sydney I gave away my bike and my guitar. They landed in the right hands, so they will be in better shape than before. The guitar was waiting  for Jorge to enjoy it, but  landed in Chrispy's hands, my guitar teacher. He has encouraged me so much I hardly recognise myself. It is really empowering to be able to develop a skill you didn't know you had. Big thank you!
Giving the bike away was a hard thing to do. But it is in the hands of a great caregiver. I couldn't help thinking of the bike twice yesterday and luckly I had no internet to troll Alec. I am positive he will love it. I just wish I would have had the time to hand it over in better shape. But my future is still uncertain and the objects that surround me get affected as well.
You just have to look at  the veggie patch to understand.

I spent a great weekend with my flatmates and I want to thank Jorge for coming to the rescue on Saturday. A bit late, but it was the right dose of  awesomeness I needed. Shame I missed you yesterday eve to end my stay and start my journey with a dose of that energy.

This is how the European itinerary is looking like, but it is subject to change at any time:

Sept 12 Amsterdam: Morning meet for coffee, afternoon meet  for lunch and evening meet my neighbours for a formal chat, but over biertje!
Saturday Sept 13 locked in: Double date with Cornie and Leo. Superdinner together. Awwww!
Sunday: Trying to see who is less busy to invite myself. Trying to see if we can have a meeting of ex-colleagues in petit commitee.
Monday: Paris - Bego - LOVE: re-united with my better half. Chances to see my little brother and ex-drama-school-alcoholic-husband (one day I'll write how reality surpased fiction)
Tuesday: we fly to Lebanon and we'll get a taste of  a Lebanese wedding. I forgot that this will mean amazing food. I can't wait.

We'll be travelling further to Jordan and Israel. As usual we are not very prepared. And that's cool. I just remembered as I am writing this that I forgot to follow up with my Israeli friends. Woo-hoo... And i have just over an hour to get  dressed and head to the airport. 
Way to believe in the Parkinson's law.

On my way back to Amsterdam I am buying an interrail pass, because  I want to go straight to Berlin and see the Berlin troupe and hopefully visit Leipzig or Dresden on my way to Regensburg.
After Regensburg I am going straight to Mannheim. And then I will slowly make my way to Barcelona, with a further stopover in Paris.

So far the layout.
I will be updating as often as I can from l'Europe, la belle Europe.